Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center Graduates 262nd Basic Training Class
Twenty-one new law enforcement officers graduated from the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center (KLETC) on Feb 14th. Jennifer Richner of the Edwardsville Police Department was the graduating class president and Sheriff Andrew Dedeke from Leavenworth County was the speaker for the ceremony in KLETC’s Integrity Auditorium.
The new officers were members of the 262nd basic training class. The graduates, who began their training in October 2019, represented 14 municipal, county and state law enforcement agencies from across Kansas.
Graduates receive certificates of course completion from KLETC and Kansas law enforcement certification from the Kansas Commission on Peace Officers’ Standards and Training, the state’s law enforcement licensing authority. The training course fulfills the state requirement for law enforcement training. Classroom lectures and hands-on applications help train officers to solve the increasingly complex problems they face in the line of duty.
Established by the Kansas Legislature in 1968, KLETC trains the majority of municipal, county and state law enforcement officers in Kansas and oversees the training of the remaining officers at seven authorized and certified academy programs operated by local law enforcement agencies and the Kansas Highway Patrol.
About 300 officers enroll annually in KLETC 14-week basic training programs. KLETC offers continuing education and specialized training to over 10,000 Kansas officers each year. KLETC is located one mile west and one mile south of Yoder, near Hutchinson, and is a division of University of Kansas Professional & Continuing Education.
Graduates who granted permission to release their names are listed below by county and agency:
- Michael Kinnard - University of Kansas Police Department
- Andrew Sheely - Fort Hays State University Police Department
- Shyanna Dunn - Parsons Police Department
- Ronald Fox - Leavenworth Police Department
- Shawn Hund - Leavenworth Police Department
- Emily Whitehead - Leavenworth Police Department
- James Reagan - Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office
- Catelyn Brady - Paola Police Department
- Christopher Kierl - Miami County Sheriff’s Office
- Taylor Adamson - Coffeyville Police Department
- Matthew Pasilas - Osborne Police Department
- Ian McIntire - Hutchinson Police Department
- William Bowles - Kansas State University Police Department
- Ronald Cervera - Kansas State University Police Department
- Jacob Hansel - Salina Police Department
- Shawn Engel - Goddard Police Department
- Ryan Mincks Goddard Police Department
- Clayton Anthony Vestering - Haysville Police Department
- Jessica Cruz-Merida - Wabaunsee County Sheriff’s Office
- Jennifer Richner - Edwardsville Police Department
- Jason Teddy - University of Kansas Medical Center Police Department